What it's all about!!!

My photo
Hey Hey guys and (maybe)girls? ok so let me give you a little information about myself and what this blog is all about,So me first! I'm 20 years old I live in England with my family I am a BIG music fan I like all types of rock music, I play guitar in a band our style? think Blink-182 meets the cure I also record my own music, other major interests include gaming, movies,and BEER!!!! haha, ok enough about me as for the blog I intend to do reviews on games, movies,and other cool stuff and also try to help you guys out (should you need it) with stuff like how to record your own music IE (What hardware and software to use), how to start playing the guitar and even what classes to use on call of duty! haha seriously anything I can help with I'll help you,So yeah in the words of mr leeroy jenkins LETS DO THIS!!!! XD

Monday 20 September 2010

Starting to learn the guitar? TIPS!!!!

Hey guys well i thought I'd give you some beginner tips on how to start playing the guitar and also for all you people that can already play I'll tell you what setup i have and how you can improve, When i first started i didn't have a clue what to learn first I didn't know what tabs were or what chords I should be playing, I started learning the basic chords like E,G,A,C and D but it just didn't sound right for what i was listening to, Stuff like Blink-182, New found glory, Jimmy eat world and other pop-punk bands like that then i went on a site called Ultimate-Guitar.com and got some Guitar tabs and it turns out the chords i should be learning are called power chords i recommend you learn these as basically most rock tracks are all power chords and tabs, Here's a few tips i think are useful

1.go on ultimate-guitar.com, i get all my tabs from there and it has some lessons too.

2.get a programme called guitar pro, its amazing it shows you how to play pretty much every song that's on ultimate-guitar.com check out some vids on youtube you'll see what i mean.

3.keep your guitar out of it's case, unless you have a mega expensive one and it might get broken, It may seem dumb but i keep my guitar out of its case at all times so i can just pick it up and play whenever i feel like it, when i did have it in its case i sometimes thought i cant be bothered to get it out and put it back (lazy i know) but i think it works

4.Learn different types of music, yeah everyone will tell you this but you won't really improve unless you try different music styles I'm a punk rock fan but i play all types of music just to give me idea's on writing my own stuff.

5.wanna start a band?. OK so you've gotten pretty good at playing the guitar and feel your ready t start a band well if your lucky enough to know a few people and get started then your lucky but for me i had to find people and it wasn't easy!! But then i found a website called joinmybad.com and suddenly found loads people who wanted to be in a band now this site is for UK and the USA so get finding people!!

OK so enough tips for now this is the setup i use and well i like it :)

(AMP) Line6 spider 3 (120) great amp couldn't be more pleased and if you like heavy metal BUY IT its got some monster distortion

(GUITARS) well i have a few guitars but my best ones, a squier fat strat, a vintage vs6 sg and my favourite my epiphone es333 (aka) tom delonge's guitar

(FX PEDAL) i just have a boss me50 its a all in one pedal its great for the music i play but if you play heavy metal or want heavy distortion STAY AWAY its pretty weak to be honest.

(WIRELESS GUITAR SYSTEM) line6 relay g30, excellent wireless system its all digital so you wont be picking up and radio signals.

well there you have it my tips and tricks and what equipment i use i hope you found it useful and soon I'll be telling you how to record your own music...peace out :D

No comments:

Post a Comment